Household effects into Italy

Both Italian nationals and foreigners can import personal effects into Italy assuming they do not contain prohibited items and they have been abroad at least 12 months.

You will need to provide YouFr8 with,

An itemised packing list/valued inventory

A copy of the passport

Depending on the circumstances importers of personal effects into Italy may need the following documents (to be provided yourself or the destination agent).

  • Dichiarazione di libera importazione (declaration relating to the goods)
  • Usmaf” Declaration (related to the anti-mould products)
  • Autocertificazione (relating to the persons status and the goods imported)
  • Photocopy of the Italian fiscal code registration released by Agenzia delle Entrate
  • Residency documents.

In relation to cost there are a variety of ways to ship from Australia to Italy.  If you are in no hurry there are shared container options for personal effects through the UK which is the most economical but slow.  You can send through a commercial consolidation directly into Italy but the port service charges as the destination deconsolidation point will be expensive and may make it cost prohibitive.  Via air there are air express options, which is the most expensive or YouFr8 have a number of options to various airports in Italy if you will be around to clear the goods yourself.

Give us a call, we would be happy to help.